1. Good agents can give you a realistic guide on what you can expect for your property. You probably have a sale figure in mind; however, your agent should honestly inform you how realistic this figure might be. This is based on market conditions and local supply and demand.
2. The agent you choose should have excellent advice regarding how best to promote your property for sale. Their knowledge of local communication channels and how to obtain greatest coverage for your property should be unparalleled in the area.
3. Your agent should be able to present your property in the best possible light to potential purchasers and also be able to advise you on the best presentation techniques.
4. The agent should have excellent negotiating skills as a basic pre-requisite.
5. Never forget that the agent always works for you as the seller – not any prospective buyers.
6. Also, a good agent will advise you what to do, rather than tell you what to do.
7. Keep the attributes of reputation, experience and specialisation at the forefront when considering your agent options.
8. Part time agents tend to not be a good option. Full time agents will always be more attentive.
9. A good agent always has the highest ethical standards.
10. A good agent will assist with contract exchanges and advise regarding any potential legal complications.
For further advice or information, please call Peter Konidaris on 0421 274 996 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Real Estate Advisor
0421 274 996
Specialising in real estate in Cheltenham, Mentone and surrounds.